
So awhile back I posted a blog about Dan and I going "green" and buying the grass feed, humanely treated beef and chicken. WELL...since that post I have gone totally vegetarian and haven't eaten any animal products (other than some dairy and a little egg) for over 70 days...woop! Dan is still doing his part and eating organic poultry and beef. Starting this May we are also planning on shopping at the local farmers market for our produce. I've also started using all natural and environmentally safe cleaning products. I have really fallen in love with the Seventh Generation household products. Their laundry detergent is patrolium free and has zero animal products in it. What else is really cool is that none of their products are tested on animals.
Now, for the part two, We have purchased some reusable shopping bags, produce bags and water bottles. The water bottles are aluminum and do not leach toxins into our water. They also will cut down on our impact to the landfills and oceans.The water bottles are from a company called Sigg and they are really cool! Here is a link to their site: mysigg.com
The shopping bags and produce bags I purchased from ecobags.com
They are really cool too!
They come in a bunch of different sizes, materials and designs. I went with the green
skull and the going green is hip ones. I'm so totally excited to get these! I really want to do my part in helping our environment and making sure Kaylee and her future children have a beautiful planet earth and have the opportunity to see and enjoy all of what this magnificent planet has to offer.
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Going Green part 2
Posted by Nic at 3:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










2 comments:
That's really great that y'all are doing that!!! I give you all the props for being a vegaterian! I tried that once and I was way too weak! hehe!!
It actually works for me...lol I have never really been a fan of meat. I'd get really grossed out with veins, arteries, fat and chewy bits in my chicken and beef. Ground beef is a whole other gross out story..lol
Post a Comment